Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Scaredy-Cats

Me and Tyler need to stop watching scary shows before we go to bed. At night time we are both the biggest babies I know. I'm not kidding.

Take, for example, Monday night. I fell asleep way before Tyler like I do every night, but this time he woke me up and said, Brittney, someone is outside our window. If anyone knows me, you know not to wake me up once I'm sleeping. I am the grumpiest person alive when that happens. So I call Tyler a baby and that he needs to stop being so paranoid and stop watching scary shows and go to bed. Only, after I say this, I see the shadows he's talking about. Definitely looked like a person. So I said a little prayer in my head to help calm us both down so we'd be able to sleep. Right after I'm done praying, seriously something tells me to get out of the house now. So I tell Tyler and we're both shaking like crazy and he grabs a knife and we run to our car. If anyone saw us, they would think we were going crazy. Tyler had no shirt on holding a huge knife and I just threw on some clothes that didn't match at all.

We end up staying in a hotel that night because I was not coming back. I have never been more scared in my life. I was positive we were going to come back with the house broken into.

Turns out nothing happened to our house, and I really doubt anything would have happened if we stayed. All the doors were locked and the windows were closed, but we both had such an uneasy feeling that night. It was CRAZY.

Now me and Tyler sleep in the spare room because there's only one way in there and we lock the door and there's lights outside the window. Honestly, the biggest scaredy-cats in the world.

On a lighter note, Tyler took some pictures of me on the beach with my dress on. Here's a few he took!


3 comments:

  1. oh my! This story scared me! And it made me laugh a LOT that Tyler grabbed a knife hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh, where do you guys live...the NORTH SIDE?

    Sounds like you're having a pretty eventful marriage so far, haha....after I read this I guess I was a little spooked and someone at work came to say something to me and gently said my name and I jumped about four feet...so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandi, I laugh my head off thinking about it now, but at the time I was petrified!
    Tina, it was while we were in Hawaii. Honestly, never been so scared. Sorry for scaring you, but you can relax now because it was all the way in Hawaii. I'm sure Lethbridge is safe!

    ReplyDelete